2) Most of us respect the religious sentiments of Hindus vis-a-vis cow worship; but the bull should not come under this category especially as the Hindi word for bull i.e. bayl is used to abuse people who don't have their own minds. How can it then be claimed that bulls are divine?
3) The leather Industry would be badly hit in Maharashtra ruining the state economy badly.
4) Lacs of people employed in the beef trade will face unemployment in Maharashtra
5) Sexual offenders face lighter jail terms than the 5 year sentence for possession of beef. In Haryana, you will be charged with manslaughter if beef is found in your possession.
6) Beef constitutes a major part of the diet of millions of people in Maharashtra (representing nearly 35% of the population) including a large number of Muslims, Christians, Parsis, Dalits and Tribals (Hindus) - they will all be deprived of the fundamental right of eating the food items of their choice.
7) Prices of non-veg food items like chicken and mutton have already increased by more than 10%.
8) Prices of vegetables could increase drastically too as people switch to a vegetarian diet.
9) Old bulls and bullocks could be let loose on the streets as the farmers would not be able to care for them after they have outlived their utility.
10) Lacs of these poor farmers will be deprived of a major source of income as they no longer will be able to sell their old cattle to beef traders.
11) The communal intent of the Maharashtra State Government stood exposed as immediately after the Beef ban was implemented, it moved against job reservations for Muslims in the state.
12) The Maharashtra and Haryana Governments have exceeded their mandates in banning the possession of meat as the slaughter could have happened in other states in which the act is perfectly legal - The law is called COW SLAUGHTER and not BEEF POSSESSION.
13) Under the leadership of Narendra Modi of the BJP, India's Annual beef exports are the world’s second-largest with lacs of cows being slaughtered legally for consumption abroad.